Welcome back to Villas, today we’re going to check out a new adware by the name of spns.rotatemyad.com.
Adware is a pain in the you know what, and Spns.rotatemyad is no different from any other ad you’ve ever seen on your computer or in one of your browsers. There are some common characteristics among adware and malware. They typically install themselves on your computer without your knowledge, they are disruptive to your day to day business and they somehow make money for their creators.
Let’s check off all the basics for this exact adware program:
- 1. Spns.rotatemyad was installed on your pc without your knowledge?
- 2. Spns.rotatemyad distributes itself by bundling along with other software you may actually have wanted.
- 3. Spns.rotatemyad now redirects your browser to some crappy site you don’t want.
- 4. Spns.rotatemyad now injects advertising into your browser where you don’t want it.
- 5. Spns.rotatemyad difficult to find and uninstall.
The first thing I want to do to get rid of this in Firefox is to clear your cache in your firefox browser.
<strongGo to: Firefox/Tools. Next go to Options, advanced, network, cached web content: Then click “Clear Now”</strong>
This should clear anything that is stuck in your cache that has anything to do with spns.rotatemyad.
<strong>Next: Remove Cookies from Firefox</strong>
Goto: Firefox/tools (just like in the last step), then Options, privacy, cookes “show cookies”
Now you need to find any cookies that you think represent the malware spns.rotatemyad. The idea is too look for anything with rotatemyad in the name and delete it. This will keep it from showing up in your browser.
Finally the step that will keep you from getting infected again is to download and install some sort of malware or adware protection software.
There are many of these types of software out there but We recommend using malwarebtyes to protect yourself from future infections by spns.rotatemyad.